Job DescriptionWorld Artist - Contract
At Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, we are building the AAA studio of tomorrow. Our Los Angeles-based game studio is dedicated to crafting community-first experiences powered by cutting-edge technology and genre-defining innovation. We welcome artists of all levels and backgrounds to join us either in-studio or fully remote as we build the next great Battlefield experience.
Our Values: Honesty, transparency, and curiosity are of the utmost importance to us. The best artists are 'forever students,' and it's important that our devs grow in their crafts, discover new paths, and push one another towards mastery. We reach excellence through tireless iteration and we seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio's creativity.
We are looking for a world artist like you to help us craft the most realistic and exciting game worlds in the industry. This is a year-long contract role that will report to our Art Line Manager, based in our studio in Los Angeles, California. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates within the US or Canada to apply.
• Build playable worlds using real world topography data.
• Create a variety of 3D models (architecture, foliage, props) from photo references and concept art.
• Partner with designers to support game modes, player encounter needs, and narrative elements
• Conduct field trips to capture reference photography and scans (photogrammetry)
• Refine art assets and help solve performance issues.
• Maintain world art confluence pages to ensure workflows and best practices are up to date
Skills We Look For:
• Thorough understanding of how layout, lighting and color, and affect gameplay.
• Strong sense of scene composition with a focus on vast, yet readable playspaces.
• Excellent technical ability with a thorough understanding of Maya, Blender or similar 3D modeling software.
• Experience working with physically based rendering pipelines.
• Knowledge of terrain and landscape generators such as World Machine, World Creator, or similar software is a plus.
• Passion for pushing asset fidelity and refining production techniques.
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
• Strong planning and prioritization skills.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume and portfolio/show reel.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith and expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $45.89/hr - $68.17/hr
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $42.88/hr - $68.17/hr
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $50.60/hr - $68.17/hr
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $42.88/hr - $57/hr
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $42.88/hr - $62.86/hr
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonuses and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk7m50-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.