Southam, United Kingdom
Are you experienced in commercial web and app product development? If so, we may have the perfect role for you!
Our Live Services team are on the look-out for a Senior Front End Developer who will assist in the management and direction of the Development teams within Codemasters, ensuring all output and quality of work meets the required criteria. Live Services is a fast evolving team charged with accelerating our transition to Games as a Service.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in the Tech/Games industry. This is a challenging and highly varied role with lots of exposure, some travel and the potential to expand rapidly. With an existing userbase of millions of engaged players, the RaceNet platform represents a significant opportunity to Codemasters. There are many opportunities in the 2nd screen space, meaning this role demands a consumer focus.
Responsibilities will include:
• Produce code, documentation that meets problem definition and meets projects requirements
• Ensuring all websites adhere to SEO best practices and accessibility best practices (WCAG)
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs. • Optimise applications for maximum speed and scalability
• Develop style guides to document Front End components. • Explore new development techniques and bring these into projects
• Ensure code is to the best standard possible
• Ensure all work has been thoroughly tested through the necessary channels
• Ensuring that any work carried out meets the marketing and design needs as instructed by the Senior Web Designer or Design Lead
• Overseeing work planning for junior developers, tracking and communicating project progress to the Producer
• Ensure that all deadlines are met
• Apply unit testing where appropriate and collaborate on code with other developers
• Ensure all work is to be recorded in JIRA, work with Producer and Product Director and assist in sub task creation where appropriate
• Mentoring & upskilling junior developers
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
• Experience using React & TypeScript
• Experience using Material-UI framework front end library
• Mobile first / responsive design
• Experience with working on large scale projects
• Experience with 2D / 3D rendering libraries is a plus
• Appreciation for software craftsmanship, architecture and design patterns for writing flexible, robust and testable code
• Understanding of common security concerns associated with Web development
• Familiar with Agile methodologies
• Experience with source control and working on projects as part of a team
In return we will provide you with:
• Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
• Outstanding benefits package including annual bonus structure, healthcare & dental plans, discounted employee share scheme, 10 free games per year, enhanced pension plan and much more!
• Dedicated training time for self-improvement
• Free company minibus from Leamington Spa to the studio
• Free on-site gym and other recreational facilities
• Large on-site free car park
• Free fruit and coffee
• On site subsidised catering
• Our own pub!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j6qq-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.