Los Angeles, CA
VFX Artist - Contract
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the industry. We want to make great games and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for experienced developers like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to enhance ourselves and our craft.
We are looking for a contract VFX Artist who is eager to join us in our desire to push visual quality to the next level.
• Create stunning real-time visual effects using high-quality particle effects, textures, and shaders
• Optimize effects for performance on multiple platforms
• Collaborate with team members to share knowledge and solve cross-discipline problems
Skills We Look For:
• Ability to deconstruct complex visual effects from reference and recreate them in a real-time game engine
• Experienced with Photoshop, Maya, and/or 3DS Max
• Strong sense of lighting, color, form and motion
• Strong proficiency in technical problems solving
• Self-motivated and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
• Previous game production experience required
• Experience with Houdini and dynamic simulations is a plus
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical skills exercise. Apply online with a combined resume AND portfolio.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.