UX/UI Design Director – DICE LA
We are DICE Los Angeles
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We want to make great games, and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for an experienced UX Director like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. You will work on an exciting new project at the studio, and report to the Design Line Manager at DICE's Los Angeles office.
Collaborate with the other project directors and the UX/UI team, under the direction of the studio creative director. You will set a clear vision and project-level priorities for user experience across the game, driving execution during development and in live service. You will draw from experience, research, playtest data, and feedback to enable the team to create an outstanding player experience.
Serve as a coach and mentor to UX/UI Designers, giving clear, actionable, and constructive feedback on their work, to set them up for success and growth. Collaborate with the design line manager on the designers' career development plans. Define best practices for the UX/UI discipline within the studio; from collaborative approaches between departments, to structured processes, workflows, and content standards. Define future UX team needs and processes, with an eye to growing UX at DICE LA to be ahead of the curve.
• 5+ years of experience in a UX leadership role, at least 3 years of that in game UX.
• 2 or more shipped games in a UX design role, ideally at AAA game scope.
• Bonus if you have experience on live service or multiplayer games.
• A clear, enthusiastic communicator and presenter; you motivate and inspire others, from team members to executive level.
• You can communicate your aesthetic, technical, and design visions through written, verbal and graphical presentations.
• You care deeply about designing for accessibility and inclusivity, with a deep understanding of what makes them
• Experience interpreting analytics and data to shape decision-making, and track the effectiveness of changes.
• You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project.
• A background in Graphic Design, HCI, or a related field is a bonus, but not required.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with your resume. We may ask you to complete a practical exercise as part of the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roewq2-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.