We are EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles- Apex Legends, The Sims, FIFA, Dragon Age, and NHL to name a few. We are looking for UX Researcher who should not only love games but also has a passion for shaping and evaluating the gaming experience.
You will work with the Maxis UX Research team to execute research that spans the full product development cycle and work with the development teams to integrate user research insights into the development process.
You will be part of the team in charge of leading the UX research effort for the Maxis studio, including The Sims 4 and Project Rene, and you would report to the UX Research Manager. This role is open to remote or hybrid work models.
• Work closely with game teams and studio leadership to understand franchise goals and strategies. Develop long-term user research plans for EA's titles accordingly.
• Conduct user research activities for multiple EA products across multiple platforms (including mobile, PC, and console).
• Gather and analyze data using several qualitative and quantitative research methods (interviews, lab studies, heuristic evaluations, surveys).
• Effectively communicate research results to help multiple levels of the organization in creative ways, while providing recommendations and ongoing design consultation.
• Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product planners, market researchers, producers) to produce insights which improve the trajectory of their product work
Qualifications & Skills:
• You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
• 2+ years' industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms.
• You have experience in research design, experienced in at least one methodology (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking)
• You can write and present influential reports
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy5p7q-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.