EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programmers, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, and EA Sports UFC.
The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing cutting edge game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. You will be part of a cross-functional team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An essential priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements. You will work on our strategic, multi-year project in unifying our Create-a-Player tools and experiences while innovating on the created character for all EA SPORTS titles.
As a UI Software Engineer, you will be part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You will work on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Game Modes domain. You will report to the Development Director for the Advanced Technology Group, partner closely with the Senior Experience Designer and work with your peers to develop the game's foundation layer.
• You will implement and improve Client Front-End screens and workflows
• Work with the Interface Designer to lay out and create screens and components
• Work with Server and Client BE engineers to establish, hook up and test end-to-end functionality
• Refine underlying screen navigation workflow
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code
• Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards
• Profile and optimize software components of a game
• Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines
• 5+ years' Experience with programming languages such as C++ or C#
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Working knowledge of Photoshop
• Experience with memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $147,400 - $199,400
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq4099-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.