Redwood City, CA
UI Software Engineer (C++ Unreal) - Maxis
Reporting to a Development Director as a UX Engineer, you will work on UI and UX within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in Unreal Engine, both in C++ and Blueprints. Some prototypes and features may be done with different tools and frameworks.
• Work with designers, producers, artists, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for compelling UI/UX features.
• Write quality code following the project coding standard and established engineering practices.
• Develop new UI/UX prototypes and refine existing ones.
• Design production level UI/UX subsystems.
• Write software requirements and technical specifications.
• Provide time estimates for tasks.
• Implement production level game UI/UX subsystems.
• Document components.
Requirements - note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• 3+ years of programming experience.
• Working knowledge of C++.
• Understand principles of game design.
• Understanding of core principles of UI/UX, best practices and accessibility.
• Desktop (PC/Mac) development experience required.
• Experience developing usable consumer-oriented UI
• Experience prototyping UI systems.
• Document specifications.
• Experience with Unreal Engine
• Experience with multiple UI frameworks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnynz-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.