EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC
The EA SPORTS PGA Tour franchise is looking for a Technical Experience Designer who is passionate about solving complex problems and building experiences to delight our players
• The Technical Experience Designer bridges the gap between artists and software engineers.
• Work with the UI team (Artist, Engineers, Designers) to solve problems, refine workflows, and polish the UI to create an outstanding user experience, from concept to implementation.
• Create and implement UI screens, widgets, script animations and effects for game front-end and HUD.
• Recreation of authentic broadcast overlays and in game overlays to match styles: Create state-of-the-art in-game content, with a goal of organization, reusability and with the thought of developing for a live product (easily updatable)
• Break-down features into defined structures, components, and processes that meet the technical, aesthetic, and functional requirements of the game's vision
• High fidelity rapid prototyping for UX evaluation
• Stay up-to-date on changes in technology, regarding hardware, art packages, and new asset creation techniques
• Investigate new techniques and implement them within the game.
• Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
• You will report into the Development Director of the team you'll be part of.
• Experience prototyping, developing and maintaining UI features from concept to release.
• Experience with scripting languages (C#, Actionscript…), visual scripting or other Object Oriented programming languages.
• Good knowledge of Photoshop and other applications from Adobe suite (After Effects, Adobe XD)
• Experience with UI/UX implementation in game engines desired, such as Unity or Unreal.
• Strong technical skills, and ability to quickly learn new proprietary production tools and workflow
• Strong attention to detail in both visual animation and programming
• Excellent problem solving skills: a successful candidate must be able to quickly identify and debug issues.
• Ability to communicate clearly with both engineering and art, articulating both the needs of the art team and the constraints of tech.
• Must be able to document all tools on the internal wiki and support artists on the use of new tools.
• A portfolio that showcases relevant work that contains well thought out process and excellent craft execution, in the areas of UI/UX technical design (motion graphics and game development is a plus.
• Good understanding of UX methodology, and Design theory.
• Understanding of revision version control software. Knowledge of Perforce is ideal.
• Visual, UX or Motion Design Experience.
• Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject highly desired (BSc Computer Science or Game Programming, Game Art and Design Diploma or related).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zwze-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.