EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in US Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
As a Tools Software Engineer you will work with the art, rendering, and senior software engineering teams to implement pragmatic solutions across our content creation pipeline. You will manage data through content creation tools, offline processing, storage, caching and runtime loading and streaming systems.
• Reporting to the Technical Director, you will work with Artists, Technical Artists, and the Art Director to design tools that let them implement their creative vision.
• You will analyze workflows and bottlenecks in the content production process, identify opportunities for automation to improve the process, and implement practical solutions.
• You help create methods to store and transform data along the offline tool processing chain.
• You implement custom plugins in tools such as 3ds Max, Maya and Substance Designer using scripting languages and C++.
• Implement new features and improve existing ones in the level editing tools using C# and C++.
• You will identify 3rd party solutions and integrate them into our workflow.
• Communicates well with non-technical and technical partners alike.
• 3+ years of experience using C++ and C# in a professional environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training or professional experience.
• Experience with video game content pipelines on shipped games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmwjxv-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.