Contract Technical Writer - Developer Experience Platform
1 year contract position
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social
The Challenge Ahead
As EA moves towards making game play smarter, better, and more personalized, the infrastructure to support this transformation is increasingly challenging to manage because of complexity and scale. It will require both the ability to address current customer pain points, and also the ability to come up with fresh solutions to problems before they've even happened. The EADP Developer Experience team makes it easy to create the entire suite of EA services and infrastructure from any mobile or web-enabled device, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a Technical Writer that has a background in writing, editing, and organizing technical content to join our team and make it easy for game development teams to understand EA Digital Platform tools and services. If you want the opportunity to create outstanding documentation that aids building and operating scalable services and tools, then this is the team for you.
Reporting to a Director of Program Management you will work with excellent technologists, designers, and product managers to improve the lives of game producers, developers, and operations engineers building on the EA Digital Platform.
• You will work with engineers and product managers to create product overviews, how-to instructions, and integration guides
• Ensure product teams publish high-quality documentation by providing consulting, reviewing, and editing services
• Work with technical writers and UX designers to implement and revise the EADP style guide
• You will guide documentation tooling and process improvement across multiple, simultaneous projects and systems
• 3+ years of computer-related technical writing experience
• 1+ years experience writing for web services and software products
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Good technical background and knowledge is a requirement; related degree or experience that expresses skills with documenting technical concepts and systems
• Experience using a CMS or similar knowledge management systems to organize and create documentation
• Experience creating documentation that is concise and accurate
• Doesn't miss the particulars
• Can translate technical concepts into written format, provide expertise while also being collaborative
• Experience working with REST APIs.
• Programming or scripting experience.
To be considered for this position, please be prepared to provide writing samples.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.