Senior Anti-Cheat Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Technical UX/UI Designer – DICE LA
DICE LA was founded in 2013 with a mission to create outstanding entertainment, and to do so in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We want to make great games, and be great at making games.
What does that mean to you as a developer?
It means that you will have a creative stake in everything you do. We believe that we are all game makers, and everyone at our studio contributes to the goal of making amazing game experiences, regardless of role or title. We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career. We also firmly believe that we are at our best when we have the proper balance between work and life. To support this balance, we nurture a culture that aims to reach the highest productivity without crunch, and by making smart decisions when it comes to how we work and plan. Having a positive, inclusive studio culture is of extreme importance to us.
Our games reflect the means by which they are created. Games that are crafted in an inspiring atmosphere, with creativity, artistry and technology as their backbone, will capture the imagination of gamers around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Technical UX/UI Designer like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. You will work on an exciting new project at the studio, and report to the Design Line Manager at DICE's Los Angeles office.
• Implement menu flows and HUD components to design specifications using visual scripting
• Maintain usability and quality of UI elements throughout production
• Work closely with other disciplines to implement HUD UI for gameplay
• Assist in advocating best practices to the content team
• Take feedback from the design team to improve workflows and support features
• Drive communication and collaboration between all departments with regards to your work
• Proactively communicate with others, to guide your work forward
• Participate in the critique of your work, and the work of others
• 2+ years of experience as a technically-oriented UI/UX designer, AAA and FPS experience is a plus
• At least one shipped game
• Proficiency with game editors (such as Frostbite, Unreal, or Unity)
• Expertise in visual scripting or C-style scripting languages
• Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
• Enjoy problem-solving with a creative team
• Value documentation and healthy communication
• Broad taste in games
Valuable additional skills:
• Experience using mod tools to tweak or enhance existing games
• Experience working with programming languages
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5evm-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.