Technical & Systems Game Designer
Remote / Virtual
Technical & Systems Game Designer (New Game Incubation Team)
We are looking for a Technical & Systems Game Designer to join a lean incubation team developing a brand new IP.
Why Join Us:
• Build a uniquely systemic game experience with a gameplay-focused dev team.
• It's a ground floor opportunity that offers creative involvement from start to ship.
• We believe in doing the work it takes to create close trust and connection between teammates. Because of this, our team operates with high autonomy, high responsibility, and low oversight.
• On a lean team, your contributions will have extra impact on the project.
• You'll work directly with project leadership in an extremely flat structure.
• No crunch or overtime. We don't glorify this behavior.
• We invest time, care and effort in the career growth and learning of our team members.
• Design, then implement gameplay systems and features consistent with project goals & tenets.
• Validate your gameplay hypotheses through rapid prototyping and team feedback.
• Be conscientious such that your work does not incur unplanned technical debt.
• Communicate system designs to teammates in an audience-appropriate way.
• Make your gameplay inventions genuinely flavorful to players, enriching the fiction of the world without compromising playable function and the long-term health of the game.
• Lightweight self-production: basic task breakdowns, estimates, and timekeeping.
• Model the culture and help build the team. Rotate through interview panels with all disciplines, onboard new hires, help tend to team health and culture in open team discussions.
• Promote and build an inclusive work environment.
• Work with developers in all disciplines and contribute to topics at the project level. While everyone has an area of focus, building a great game and a great development experience is everyone's responsibility.
• Fluency in one or more text-based scripting or programming languages.
• Experience in rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of game design concepts and game systems.
• 1 shipped commercial game project OR a portfolio of personal projects which highlight your technical and design capabilities. We recommend your portfolio include at least one self-started solo project.
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. We are always looking for people bursting with creative energy to join us, so don't hesitate to apply. Please submit a resume and a link to your portfolio. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review!
(Please note: We are open to considering long term remote WFH options for candidates within 3 hours of our PST timezone.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88pzk-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.