Technical Project Manager, Content Operations
EA is looking for a technical project manager to join the Marketing Operations & Technology, Content Operations team to lead the operational efficiency for products in development. The Content Operations team is dedicated to identifying and implementing the products and processes that ensure the smoothest possible journey of content across Marketing.
As a Technical Project Manager in the Content Operations team, you will report to the Content Ops Senior Program Manager, and your role will focus on an important project, the development of a centralized system to store and distribute EA's marketing assets. You will have the daily responsibility for managing the development plan and collaborating with multiple teams to ensure timely execution, within budget. You will also bring your industry expertise to improve aspects of project planning, metrics reporting, and resource management.
To be successful you will need to be confident and adaptable. You should be a proactive thinker, with excellent communication skills, and be able to understand the nature and vision of the product we are building. The ability to consistently identify dependency issues and to create the necessary collaborations to tackle such issues is paramount. You need to be a Project Manager, not simply a meeting facilitator.
• You align with the Technical Director and Content Ops Sr Program Manager on deployment workflows, and coordinate efforts across multiple complex projects and development teams, spanning multiple time zones.
• You create project plans and roadmaps which consider budget guidelines, resource bandwidth, product requirements, and overall Content Ops vision.
• You field requests and measure the risk/reward payouts against the cost of reprioritizing the project roadmap.
• You identify and communicate system or project dependencies.
• You recognise areas for efficiency improvement and work with the Technical Director and Content Ops team to document, implement, and enforce new processes.
• You work in collaboration with scrum masters and other project and product managers, collating information into a clear format, determining where there are risks or lapses in communication or knowledge, and rectifying where necessary.
• You brief the Content Ops team and senior management leaders about product updates, development progress, appropriate stakeholder key performance indicators, opportunities, and challenges that arise.
Qualifications (What you know how to do)
• 3+ years of project management experience and experience using agile methodology, specifically Scrum, and iterative thinking.
• Familiarity with software development cycles, full system life-cycle, and user feedback loops.
• Help with product strategy, and present clear measurable goals against product development.
• Prioritize the big picture vision of the product with the precise, detail-oriented work of keeping teams organized and on task.
• You participate in cross-team collaborations and build relationships across Content Ops and beyond into the broader Marketing organization, while representing the needs and goals of our team and core product.
• You will set and protect the scope for each body of work, evaluate development risks, and create contingency and mitigation plans.
• You excel in organized environments and want to bring consistency to workflow process, documentation, and communication.
• You work towards the bigger goal of bringing our multiple projects together to create one extensive technical ecosystem.
• Proficient in standard project tools (G-Sheets/Excel, Airtable experience an advantage, JIRA for planning and bug tracking)
Nice To Have
• Working experience with Airtable, JIRA
• Knowledge of content storage management and taxonomy management
• PMP Certification
• University degree or college diploma
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8366-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.