Full Time Job
Technical Product Manager
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
We are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
We are building EA's Cloud Gaming system to run at scale. A system which is targeted to reach millions of users providing an amazing gaming experience. With our unique technology, leverage of the Public Cloud, and our amazing games, we change the industry and how games are consumed.
Product Management works with senior leadership to chart the course of new cloud gaming capabilities and important services as they emerge, supporting our teams in high-quality delivery and service operations. As a Technical Product Manager you must bring a level of vision and business awareness to our work. You will be passionate about, and represent the voice and needs of our partners: game publishing teams, platform service teams, and technical operations teams. You will capture engineering needs to our platform services, strategize product positioning, work with the development and operational teams to determine functionality, and guide product launches.
As a Technical Product Manager for EA Cloud Gaming you will report to the Cloud Gaming, Senior Director of Product Management and will be accountable to envision the future of the platform. Product management works with senior leadership to chart the course of new cloud gaming capabilities.
• Collect requirements from EA game studios and technical partners and translate these into technical requirements.
• Explore and study other cloud gaming solutions and make sure EA is well positioned as leader in that space.
• You will apply your experience to increase efficiency by providing well defined technical requirements to the engineering teams, partnering with the engineering teams to refine, and will ensure the product meets the requirements for high scale solutions that support the features and operational need to deploy high-end cloud gaming service.
• You will communicate with many partners across the organization, gather information.
• You'll be part of EA Cloud Gaming product team working in collaboration with a broader EA Digital Platform Product Management team.
• Take active part of producing the roadmap for creating Cloud Gaming service that meets features, efficiency, scale, and availability requirements of the business.
• Establish improvements to promote Cloud Gaming Goals lead by data and feedback from end-users and game teams' partners.
• Research trends and market patterns, industry research, and competitor product analysis to establish feature requirements and the product roadmap.
• Partner with Program Management to transform vision into tactical prioritized requirements.
• You will work with Program Management to communicate progress and status of releases, manage our priorities, escalate and resolve risks or misalignment.
• Partner with Engineering to refine and prioritize requirements.
• Work with security and engineering partners to determine and document product security requirements and features.
• Prepare and help implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution, and adoption.
• Manage products through their life cycle: idea, introduction, growth, and ending stages.
• Produce Measurements and use them to guide the future of the product.
• Write Product Specs in the form of Epics and User Stories that can be easily consumed by engineering. Work with engineering to understand trade-offs. Communicate trade-offs and scope decisions to partners. Work with other Product Managers to build a cohesive offering
• Produce the metrics. Build products with metrics in mind. Determine success and measure it.
Experience & Education
• 5+ demonstrated years in platform product management.
• Experience leading / building great efficient self-service platform technologies.
• Understand large-scale platform capabilities and enough technical depth across these capabilities to assess risk and find solutions.
• Experience working with diverse teams and partner across complex organizations to achieve results.
• Work across our organization and work with other teams.
• Experience Converting complex asks into elegant and scalable products.
• User experience / design experience
• Understand software development life-cycle principles.
• Familiarity with Agile development processes.
• Ensure scale, performance, stability and user experience are addressed.
• Experience with Video and OTT streaming – advantage.
• Experience with Public Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP).
• Experience with Windows environments.
• Bachelors or Graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field - Preferred
• Passion for games – advantage
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture motivated by creativity and individuality.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.