Main Purpose of the Role
The PLM Technical Operations Release Manager is a part of the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) function for delivering EA's franchises to market across all packaged goods, digital & mobile platforms. As a member of Global Operations, you will report to the Senior Manager and you will manage the delivery of content materials for EA's products to our channel partners, including First Party platform holders (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, PC), EA's PC platform, and digital resellers. They also maintain the daily relationship and communication with the First Party Account Management teams to guarantee the release of EA's content plan.
You will work with Franchise Leads to set the plan with Studio and Publishing for content required for submission to support each product launch. The role partners with important teams (Franchise Operations, Studio/QA, Digital Sales/Marketing) and external Platform Partners to ensure product delivery through our Real-time Operations (RTO). You will also own comprehensive configuration plans to achieve the go to market strategies for your owned projects, following timelines that meet the Franchise Operations schedule. You will ensure understanding across the department for process, product and people.
You will partner with EA Compliance and Certification groups as part of the submission process and work with important EA teams (PLM Franchise Leads, PLM Digital Publishing, RTO, Studio/QA, Digital Sales/Marketing), to ensure content submission and approval timelines meet EA's Title Plan schedule.
The Release Manager is also responsible for leading the education, development and promotion of external platform tools and systems required for the set up and submission to First Party platform holders (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, Epic and others). The role partners with EA Studios to ensure accurate set up of content with our platform holders and provide advice and platform guidance to the Commercial and Publishing organisation.
You will establish processes to develop the Operations team(s) to build expertise of our platform partners' processes, best practises for issue management, and technical knowledge to ensure our team are equipped to communicate and bring the requirements expected across all products.
The Technical Operations Release Manager is part of a motivated team that provides coordinated support across regions and time-zones. We ask that you have expertise on your assigned projects and are the contact for the business, working with wider department colleagues to ensure that coverage for projects is suitable in US, European and APAC time zones.
• Programme manage the submission process to coordinate, communicate, and support submission activities to the assigned portfolios of First Parties (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, PC), ensuring submission packages are of the highest integrity and punctuality
• Work directly with Franchise Operations Leads on assigned franchises for process, tools and longer ranging scenarios that improve the submissions process
• Programme management for adoption of new First Party and other external platform partner submission tools
• Maintain a complete understanding of all product schedule dependencies on a global scale. Engage with studio personnel, Franchise Leads and EA Certification to establish First Party submission schedules
• Partner with and programme manage Real-time Operations team in EA Romania and EA Hyderabad to ensure all activities are supported
• Create and configure First Party & Platform Partner offers – full game, DLC, Beta, VC, Subscriptions and communicate First Party IDs to relevant internal parties.
• Provide knowledge and support to Studios to increase their understanding of the submission process, configurations, and requirements
• Partner with Franchise Operations management team on support for each Studio/Franchise plan
• Manage important process documentation ensuring it is up-to-date and fit for purpose, including referencing documentation needed for EA Studios to promote consistency of platform requirements
• Ensure all Global Operations tools and documents correctly reflect the content IDs and Platform Partner information as it pertains to product set up and configuration
• Participate in regular planning meetings and readouts with external platform partners and internal EA teams
• Scenario plan and inform our partners on what can/can't be done for each configuration and determine the final suggested implementation
• Relationship owner for First Party and other external platform partners, Store, and Configuration teams, with the actual configuration and future franchise plans and strategies
• Maintain productive, and professional relations with First Party partner contacts, ensuring constant communication in both directions
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work with all important partners. You should also have account/project management skills, be able to understand strategy and technology, and can bring the team to success.
• 3 years experience in product submissions, software configurations, platform setups, or equivalent
• Experience working with remote teams and management
• Experience managing and working in a diverse environment
• Expertise with Office productivity tools (i.e. MS Office, Google Suite, Slack).
• Knowledge of the technical requirements of at least one console/gaming/retail manufacturer and associated tools/portal or equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej888-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.