Our stealth mobile game studio is now 2+ years old with team members around the globe. We embrace a geo-diverse team and culture. The team is focused on making great games that connect people, taking risks and having fun. The team is working on a compelling new strategy title for mobile devices, and building new technology aimed to change the paradigm of operating mobile games as a live service.
We are is looking for a Studio Technical Director, reporting to the Studio General Manager
• Lead a team of senior technical leads working on a new mobile strategy game, across several locations. You will also spend time working with the team of product managers, development directors, creative team and operations to contribute to the definition of the studio's strategy.
• As a people manager you will help shape people's careers and mentor the team in growing and reaching their full potential.
• You will establish 3-Year Technical Roadmaps for all technology within the studio
• You will lead the team through all its technical leads and TDs to achieve defined technical roadmaps
• You will audit the technical quality of all major project milestones
• You will establish Configuration Management, Automation and Operational strategies in partnership with central teams
• You will align the studio technical goals with the wider EA senior technical leaders
• You will work with other Senior Leadership to establish strategic goals for the studio
• You will mentor all technical leaders and build succession plans for each
• You will find and address all technical risks for the Studio
• 7+ years leadership and people management experience in the mobile gaming Industry
• 1 or more full project cycles in a technical director capacity running a large franchise
• At least 12 years of software development experience, including establishing best practices with a commitment to quality and efficiency, integrating development roadmaps for efficient feature planning and collaborating in a remote work environment.
• Direct experience with the development and release of one or more mobile game with a live service component and high DAU.
• 7+ years of technical leadership experience and with demonstrated experience leading a mid-large scale team of direct and indirect reports and 3rd party developers including mentoring, career development and talent management.
• • Experience building outstanding mobile applications with an understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization. Experience in multiple programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, or Typescript ).
• Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS) and associated technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkep84-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.