Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What the Animation & Cinematics Technical Director will do at Frostbite:
You will be the technical leader for the Animation & Cinematics team reporting to the Director Of Engineering on EA's game engine Frostbite you will be a contributing leader to Frostbites technical strategy. You will partner with the other disciplines to build the technology and the programming team to create amazing player experiences.
Who You are:
You have innovated, shipped and supported Animation or Cinematics features and tools in the gaming industry and understand all phases of the development cycle. You can build a technical vision and can build and inspire the programming team to achieve it. You want to help us create industry-leading games.
What you will do:
• Work with your product manager to establish product strategy.
• Work with program management the development team to provide breakdown and estimation of large projects
• Manage the technical vision and long-term technology strategy.
• Partner with leaders across Frostbite and EA to build and benefit from common technical strategy.
• Ensure coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices.
• Manage technical debt ensuring sustainable development
• Find and address technical risks.
• Partner with engineering managers to grow the team through mentorship, talent planning and hiring.
• Keep the team up-to-date on industry trends.
• Experience developing, debugging and optimizing tools and technology for AAA multiplayer games on PC or console.
• Development experience in multiple game domains (Animation, Cinematics, Rendering, Tools, …)
• 10+ years of professional experience including C# tools development and multi-platform C++
• Experience with software design principles.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training and professional experience.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.