Software Engineer - Marketplace Platform
Join EA Mobile as our next Technical Director- Create Your Career with Us!
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we are looking for the most talented and creative game developers in the world to help us become the world's #1 mobile gaming company. Mobile is the future of our industry and the future of our company. Our mobile team is growing fast, with 17 exciting studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles like Madden NFL Mobile, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, SimCity BuildIt, and The Sims FreePlay.
Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what make us tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining mobile titles in the world.
With this new, large-scale mobile game, we're pushing the boundaries on every front, so you'll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone and have the ability to learn while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance, and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
EA Seattle is looking for a Technical Director to join our successful and talented team.
As the Technical Director you will drive technical planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to build, launch, and support a world class experience on mobile. You lead the engineering component of the team and provide direction to senior technical leads. In this key leadership role, you will work closely with other product leaders and technical partners as the technical subject matter expert for the team. Technical Directors balance strategic and tactical direction to deliver and maintain stable, scalable, cost-effective games with focused innovations.
• Blends hands-on technical work with technical leadership to support launching and maintaining a world class experience on mobile.
• Set and enforce professional software standards across the entire engineering team, including partner teams within and outside the organization.
• Make (or delegate making) software design and implementation decisions.
• Identify and manage technical risks and opportunities.
• Co-operate with other team leaders to manage change.
• Responsible for the quality of technical deliveries.
• Approves (or delegate approval) of all technical designs and effort '/ time estimates.
• Works through technical leads to provide solutions to project-wide problems.
• Defines memory and performance budgets for an entire project; enforces the application of performance budget and best practices.
• Collaborate and coordinate with other Technical Directors at EA to identify opportunities and risks, to share best practices and effective processes.
• Uses metrics and analytics to anticipate future technology issues affecting the health or quality of the team and product.
• Coach and mentor software engineers on the team.
• Recruits and retains world-class talent to the team and company.
• Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree preferred.
• 10+ years software development experience.
• 5+ years of technical leadership experience.
• Experience leading engineering teams of a dozen or more, preferred on a live service.
• Effective conflict management skills.
• Balanced technical, team, product, project and business requirements for successful outcomes.
• Capability to make positive changes to teams, products and businesses.
• Solid knowledge of game application technology, spanning client, server and infrastructure systems.
• C'/C++, iOS, Android experience.
• Familiarity with EA's mobile products
• A great sense of humor and a passion for making games!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.