Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To enable more players to become creators, we are looking for a Technical Director that will support and facilitate the creation of technology that powers creation. If you have experience with managing services for central teams and connecting multiple services together we want to hear from you.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life. And you will partner and communicate with other central and game teams to work together on common technology goals.
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, you will drive the development of internal innovative backend services supporting games in the User Generated Content space. You will lead a cloud engineering pod in building various services with high interoperability within the existing EA offerings for running live services.
• Provide services to enhance online experiences for players and improve game studios' development efficiency in building their games and operating their live services.
• Drive architecture and design processes of services with stakeholders.
• Guide and evaluate the work of the team for success and growth.
• Help instill a healthy culture focused on on-time delivery of high-value services to our partners, building lasting partnerships, and growing your direct reports, all while maintaining a sense of empathy.
• Shape people's careers as you mentor your team to help them build great products and reach their full potential.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• 10+ years of experience in the software engineering space with cross related experience with product management and high-level architecture.
• 4+ years leading impactful engineering teams across different regions.
• You take high-level direction and manage team execution within an iterative software development model.
• You have experience building backends for video games on HD or mobile in the cloud.
• You've shipped and supported scalable web services hosted in the cloud.
• You have experience with various programming languages and frameworks (Java/Kotlin, Typescript, Go, C++, C# to name a few).
• You develop high-quality, testable software.
• You have a desire to work with client engineers and designers to iteratively add features and improve APIs.
• You've deployed services using Kubernetes and containerization.
• You have experience with public cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure).
• You are passionate about building services for games and live services.
• You develop APIs for products that release new updates with zero downtime strategies and tools.
• You have experience with load testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing performance of web services.
• You work on software that requires developing and optimizing queries and database access patterns.
• You're willing to iterate quickly and develop multiple short-lived prototypes
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You're a motivated self-starter; able to operate with autonomy.
• You have a desire to teach and learn from your peers.
• Exhibit a history of embracing working within a creative, technology-enabled atmosphere, in which fun and entertainment remain the central themes.
• Background in planning and delivering in an organization across geographic boundaries.
• Establish and translate requests into plans
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82qnx-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.