We are looking for a senior technical lead and architect to drive EA's data platform to the next level.
• Work closely with cross functional components including Data Platform, Pipelines, Query Engines, Data Ingestion tools, Schedulers, BI tools and Data Infrastructure.
• Leverage massive data sets from 20+ game studios, and promote a data driven decision making process, and experimentation culture.
• Serve as a domain expert, drive the strategic vision and bring the latest industry experience to the team.
• Serve as an engineering architect to drive the technical direction, the architectural decision making and the technical roadmap.
• Work with the product managers and customers directly to understand the use cases, come up with solutions and drive the areas of development with the best ROI.
• Drive cross organizational collaboration/cooperation, working with data consumers across EA to support the data ecosystem.
• Master's degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and five (5) years of experience in the job offered or software engineering related occupation.
• Alternatively, the employer will accept Ph.D. degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or software engineering related occupation.
Special Requirements: Position requires three (3) years of experience in each of the following skills:
• Computer science with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design.
• Strong background in large scale data systems with experience in industry leading products used in the data lifecycle.
• Experience in big data query optimization, metadata systems, scaling, performance and cloud systems
• Software development experience, including clean reusable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration.
• Working with databases, including columnar databases, relational databases or document databases.
• Working with AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Flink, Presto/Trino, Redshift, Snowflake or other data streaming and processing systems
• Leading cross functional projects to deliver impactful customer experiences, including close collaboration with product managers, and directly working with end users.
Employment and background checks may be required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn4vo-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.