Technical Designer (Contract)
SPORTS is looking for the next great Technical Designer. You have a broad knowledge of both design and engineering. You will work directly with creative and technical leadership to work on the game's vision while maintaining high technical standards.
• Over the course of development, you will design, prototype, implement, refine, and polish several game features.
• Produce new ideas that fit within the vision of the game.
• Fully develop these ideas in a detailed design document.
• Use visual scripting to prototype new ideas. Find the fun, fail fast and fail cheap.
• Work within a versatile team and collaborate well with designers, engineers, and artists.
• Design and tune complex data systems inside Frostbite.
• Implement non-interactive sequences using a proprietary toolset.
• Oversee the setup, implementation, and polish phases of narrative cinematic scenes in the game.
• Design unique gameplay moments.
• Author python scripts to automate repetitive tasks within Frostbite.
• 3 or more years of industry experience in a design or engineering role.
• Combination of technical and design skills.
• Experience working with Unity or Unreal. Frostbite experience.
• Experience with scripting languages. Python experience.
• Visual scripting experience.
• Well-versed in modern game design trends.
• Personal side projects.
• A background in computer science.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk383q-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.