Technical Artist - Rigging
Technical Artist (Rigging)
The Rigging Technical Artist (Rigging TA) is a liaison between artists and software engineers by developing solutions to assets, tools, and workflows that allow the desired visual result to be attained. As a contributor, understanding of real-time computation and biomechanics, as it relates to human anatomy, is a must for creating believable skin deformation and control systems. The Technical Artist will work as part of a team and coordinate with supervisors, lead artists, and directors to develop content for game teams.
What a Rigging TA does at EA:
• Design complex skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation (fat, jiggle), and skin deformations
• Deploy animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency
• Implement techniques and process to solve character and animation and deformation challenges as identified by department lead
• Coordinate in problem identification and provide solutions
• Collaborate with your client partners (Art, Programming, Production)
The next great EA Rigging TA needs
• 2+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles or VFX/feature animation
• Experience with Python, C# or C++ and familiarity with the Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience a plus)
• A Background in rigging and skinning complex character assets
• Understanding of animation principles and human anatomy
• Expert in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder in applicable areas
• Experience documenting processes required to educate artists on new tools or workflows.
• A degree in visual effects or technical subject areas.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.