Technical Artist - Lighting (Frostbite)
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director, as a part of the Frostbite content example team. As a member of this team, you'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators. Your passion and expertise with the technical challenges of lighting will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams.
• Use your technical and artistic expertise with lighting to guide Frostbites continued development and improvement of its lighting systems.
• As a Technical Artist on the Frostbite team you will collaborate directly with engineers to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features.
• You will work with a team of technical artists to build tech examples, demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
• You will will collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite.
• Expertise in game engine lighting solutions for both game play and cinematic systems.
• Experience with the range of technical solutions and methods in lighting and rendering systems
• Have shipped titles as a lighting TA with 5+ years' experience in software game development and 8+ years overall lighting experience.
• Build lighting in game engine with different lighting passes such as direct and indirect lighting passes for exterior and interior in large scale maps
• Identify lighting issues and apply fix on lightmapped and vertex lit geometries
• Lighting knowledge with Maya, or other commercial 3D tools or renderers
• Experience with portrait lighting, stage lighting, or architectural lighting
• Knowledge of color theory, composition, light, and form
• Work from reference materials and concept
• Experience in node based visual programming
• Experience teaching or training others in the skills of real-time lighting
• Love of learning, experimenting with new ideas and discovering ways to improve production workflows
• You love a good challenge and aren't afraid to address technical issues you don't know how to solve.
• Create polygonal modelling, and texture UV is considered an asset
• Experience with Atlassian Confluence and Jira software or similar tools
More about our studio: www.frostbite.com
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d934y4-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.