Location: Shanghai, China
Report to: Technical Art Director
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. They are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows.
- Maintenance of Asset Pipelines and Workflows
- Support and Assist in Project setup
- Develop tools to refine processes, including batching and automation.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing processes.
- Develop and share methods to help Artists deliver at highest quality and maximum efficiency.
- Create and maintain documents outlining art production needs, including in-game integration, 3rd party/in-house tools, and art asset critiques.
- Check assets for technical integrity before integrating into the game.
- Troubleshoot technical issues inherent in maintaining a clean file structure and pipelines for both in-house and 3rd party software.
- Maintain regular communication with External Vendors and Internal Teams
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum 6 Years work experience in a TA role
- Minimum 3 shipped Products
- Strong technical communication skills
- English and Mandarin proficiency
- Knowledge of Game Production Pipeline and Workflows
- General knowledge of Game Development Engines such as Unreal 4 and Unity 3d
- Foundational knowledge of rendering pipelines, 3d math, and performance profiling
- Knowledge of Python scripting or Visual scripting
- Knowledge of DCC Tools such as Maya, Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, and Painter
- Experience with Perforce, Shotgun, and shell scripting
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet project requirements
- Familiar with the latest asset creation techniques (ie. Modeling, Texturing, Animation and etc)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez558-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.