Senior Environment Artist
Guildford, United Kingdom
The WRC team at Codemasters - EA are hiring for a Technical Artist. We are looking for someone with passion for asset, tool and pipeline creation to help our team create and develop our creative development pipelines for content creators, providing optimum throughput from content creation to final output data for the game and code teams and optimum performance in engine.
The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers. We manage all content production workflows and data design. The Technical Art team works with all content creation teams to assist and develop their workflows, providing processes, rules and conventions, data management, tools and support. These teams encompass content creation spanning Environments, Vehicles, Characters, Animation, VFX, Audio and game video capture.
The Technical Art team also works with the game design and several code teams ensuring that they have everything they need in the most appropriate pipeline possible.
• You will report to the Technical Art Director and will collaborate with the Technical Art team on tasks but you'll take ownership of individual tasks and technical issues
• Be a bridge between our artists, level designers, animators and software engineers. The main responsibilities include content production workflows, tools and pipelines, asset and content optimisation and integration, daily support, bug fixing and investigations/implementation of new technologies or future technical improvements
• The small Technical Art team takes pride in sharing knowledge between members and supporting each other in our work. Senior members of the team help mentor more junior staff on the team, but each member of the team has something to offer, we embrace learning from each other regardless of level
• You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science background; but you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science
The below skills encompass the role and act as a guide, not a check list. Training and mentoring are available where needed.
• Games production experience is a bonus, entry level candidates also considered for this role
• Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers and other Technical Artists
• A passion for helping talent to think creatively to resolve technical challenges
• An understanding of profiling performance and memory within game engines
• Proficient scripting/programming in Python and/or MaxScript
• A strong understanding of programming in C++
• Experience developing in Unreal Engine
• Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages: 3D Studio Max/Photoshop
• Houdini/Substance Designer is a bonus
• Visual Studio, debugging technical issues
• Knowledge of asset optimization challenges/techniques
• Knowledge of content creation pipelines
• An interest in current and next-gen game creation techniques
• An understanding of animation and rigging would be a bonus
• A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field would be a bonus
• A Passion for Games!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gppzk9-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.