Technical Artist - FIFA
Vancouver, Canada (Main)
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS
FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
• The Technical Artist (TA) acts as a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the Technical Art team.
• Responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. Technical Artists are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. This often includes delegating to/mentoring more junior staff on the team.
• Technical Artists report to Technical Art Directors.
• At least 5+ years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 3 AAA games/movies. A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
• You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
• Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
• Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
• Production experience with modern content driven engines.
• Experience with digital content creation tools.
• Expert knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
• A solutions-provider, particularly as it pertains to debugging technical issues.
• Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
• A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g381k5-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.