EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing modern game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. You will be part of a team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An essential priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements. You will work on our strategic, multi-year project in unifying our Create-a-Head tools and experiences while improving on the created character heads for all EA SPORTS titles.
The Technical Artist (TA) develops pipelines, workflows, and technology innovations used by content creators across all of EA SPORTS. As part of a central team of Technical Artists, they partner with development teams to build shared and scalable solutions. The main areas of responsibilities include development of content production tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration, and workflows. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their projects and bring them to resolution.
You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science background; however, you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. Technical Artists report to Technical Art Directors on the EA SPORTS Tech - Technical Art team.
• At least 3+ years of cinematic/games production experience.
• A bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
• Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
• Proficient scripting/programming in Python or C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
• Experience with 2D/3D art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Houdini.
• A solutions-provider, especially as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
• Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
• A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• A Passion for Games!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g30b2x-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.