Technical Art Director (VFX) - SKATE
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to provide an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Technical Art Director- VFX
We are looking for an experienced Technical Art Director (VFX) to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development. You will report to Skate's Art Director and work in collaboration content creators working on character style, features, and content creation techniques.
• Create overall content goals for the VFX domain designed to achieve game product goals set by Franchise Leadership.
• Develop and communicate technical requirements for real-time game engine visual effects systems, workflows, & tools to serve game team product goals.
• Stay current with and exhibit a high degree of technical knowledge about the current state of the industry in real-time Visual Effects.
• Educate and Articulate VFX concepts to our game team through presentations including members of other disciplines, such as Engineering, Operations, and Production.
• Drive inclusion of new VFX solutions and workflows in tech roadmaps, including engine roadmaps, product tech art roadmaps that meet product requirements.
• Drive selection of off-the-shelf software and hardware solutions for product VFX team to use in their workflows.
• Explore different visual looks through reference-gathering and prototype development in-engine with the intent of defining visual effects direction.
• Establish standards of quality through the joint development of visual targets and shaderboxes with the guidance of the Art Director.
• Work with Technical Artists and Rendering SEs to set technical standards and production processes to guide the VFX team's work and ensure that their work achieves visual quality while also meeting performance standards.
• Create style-guides to describe how VFX will contribute to the visual direction of the title.
• Directly create proof-of-concept work in pre-production with the intent of creating estimates for a lighting team to replicate in production.
• Create test case levels for performance testing to establish performance benchmarks with a Tech Artist.
• You have at least 10 years experience in technical art and are experience with architecture of a holistic system for efficient VFX placement & generation applicable to realistic open-world or sandbox titles.
• You have competence with shader development (either HLSL or graph-based) for development of pixel and vertex shaders to enhance visual effects and systems.
• You're experienced in developing real-time VFX for a single title that scales across multiple platforms with a wide performance delta (e.g., Mobile, Console, Gaming PC).
• You have experience simulating convincing weather effects that work together with a time-of-day system and other visual phenomena such as atmospherics and flares.
• Have high proficiency with SideFX Houdini or other procedural content generation package.
• Experience with physics simulation including fluids, rigid body, soft body and cloth as well.
• Experience creating visual filters, post-FX, and screen space effects desirable.
• Proficiency in sculpting, modeling, rigging and animation desirable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n5ny-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.