EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
We are looking for a Technical Animator who is collaborative and enjoys making games! You will need to have experience in animation workflows, pipelines, tool development and content animator support. To ensure the animation teams' success, you will partner with Art & Animation directors, leads, engineers and other partners to ensure collaboration to produce quality assets, tools, pipelines, and workflows. While this role is technical, we are also looking for candidates who have an eye for aesthetics to maintain a high-quality artistic vision.
• Quickly learn EA internal animation tools and evaluate and resolve issues, then iterate in-game.
• Collaborate with Engineers, Leads and building complex systems to make a simple pipeline, so other content animators can use.
• Implement and Test gameplay animation content.
• Interact with and support rigging team.
• Provide creative and technical feedback with a view to delivering high quality animation content.
• Document workflows and technical processes.
• Mocap process experience is a plus but not required.
• 3+ years of animation implementation experience for AAA game engine.
• Experience with Python and MotionBuilder
• Experience with animation content integration in engine
• Experience with motion capture clean up and data solving processes
• Familiarity in C#, C++, MEL, or Maya API
• Experience with editor-based game development environments e.g. Unreal, Unity
• Experience designing and maintaining animation content workflows as part of an end-to-end animation pipeline.