EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.
The System Software Engineer will maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities for our players and workflow enhancements for our development team. Above all, we're looking for an engineer who is excited to use their talent and experience to build AAA quality games.
• Work with other engineers to integrate, develop and debug core technologies and features in a massive codebase, merging modern and legacy designs across multiple hardware architectures.
• Manage and optimize memory, load times, and performance.
• Debug a range of defects in development and production environments.
• Look for ways to increase team efficiency through automation, tooling, or workflow enhancements.
• Contribute to core EA technologies to promote collaborative development efforts.
• Work with technical and non-technical co-workers to create practical designs that meet our players' expectations.
• Work together with a team of Systems engineers in a collaborative environment and report to a team lead.
• 2+ years of C++ development experience.
• Able to test, debug, and extend other software engineer's code.
• Knowledge of software engineering and architectural design.
• Understanding of memory management, file systems, multi-core processing, and performance.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Experience integrating and maintaining large scale systems and legacy codebases, covering multiple disciplines.
• Experience with codebases supporting multiple compilers and architectures.
• Experience with profiling tools to monitor and diagnose issues.
• Experience with multiple programming languages (Python, Lua, C#).
• Experience with build systems, pipelines, and source control.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $106,900 - $158,600
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $94,450 - $158,600
• New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
º $94,450 - $158,600
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $94,450 - $133,100
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $94,450 - $159,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25oz2-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.