Senior Rendering Software Engineer
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for passionate Software Engineers, along with other disciplines, to play an important part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise.
Systems Software Engineer
For this role, we are looking for someone to help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, working with other engineers, and building primary systems (often using other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficient to bring substantial improvements to our game.
• You will work with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
• You will provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
• Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
• You will look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
• You will contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
• Passion for the development craft and expresses an interest in systems level work.
• 5+ years of experience working with C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
• Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers.
• Advanced debugging skills.
• Understand parallel programming considerations, resource management, and hardware architecture.
• Experience in engine development.
• Proficient in C++.
• Understand x86 assembly.
• Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
• Experience in embedded systems.
• Experience in job-based architectures.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records following applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.