Senior Environment Artist - Hard Surfaces
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to achieve an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
Surfacing Lead Artist – SKATE
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
We are looking for an experienced Surfacing Lead Artist (Senior Artist) to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. You will report to Skate's Art Director and work in collaboration with content creators working on the creation of levels, world-based features, and content creation techniques.
• Stay current with the state-of-the-industry in environment/character modeling and surfacing techniques.
• Work with the Art Director, Environment Craft Director and Character Craft Director on Visual Look Development projects to explore and establish surfacing art direction for both environments and characters.
• Work with the technical art team and engineers in developing and streamlining surfacing processes.
• Establish consistent workflows and quality consistency to both environment and character material libraries.
• Break down high-level art goals into smaller goals for yourself and for a small, skilled team of surfacing artists.
• Explore different visual looks for environment surfacing and character surfacing by using supplied references and developing surface shader and asset prototypes in-engine.
• 5+ Years Experience on Video Game production teams
• Experience shipping surfacing content in a craft leadership context on 1-2 shipped console/PC titles.
• High level of skill in both scan-based and procedural based surfacing workflows using software packages such as Substance Designer & Painter, ZBrush, Maya.
• Independently prototype different surfacing techniques by creating surface shaders in-engine.
• Gain proficiency in new and unfamiliar tools related to modeling, UV editing, baking secondary information, surfacing, and rendering.
• Communicate about the processes involved within surfacing through meetings, presentations, and documentation.
• Gather and break down references into key, representative surfacing elements.
• A degree in Fine Arts, Visual Design, Animation, or related diploma or certificate.
Please submit a portfolio/demo reel link with your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.