EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
As a Supervising Technical Director for EA SPORTS Tiburon, you will report to the Senior Producer and contribute as a part of a cross functional leadership team that delivers multiple projects. You will also partner with the studio Head of Technology to improve the strategic roadmap for the studio. You will demonstrate a mix of technical skills, understanding of project and people management, and experience creating, leading, and running live service games.
• Guide technical planning and roadmaps for all projects
• Audit technical quality of all major project milestones, identifying technical gaps and risks
• Operate as a strategic partner for EA central teams, such as Frostbite and EA Digital Platform, to ensure central technologies are successfully integrated and there is good collaboration between teams.
• Guide all projects to successful launch and through ongoing support of live services while ensuring technical performance indicators are met.
• Recruitment, retention and career management of project technical directors and senior engineers.
• Drive continuous improvement of engineering practices, architecture, tools and workflows.
• Partner with technical leaders on EA SPORTS technical council to drive technical initiatives.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• 10+ years of game industry experience, having shipped at least one title
• 4+ years of technical leadership/management experience
• Experience with Agile development, with a preference towards SCRUM.
• Experience designing complex software systems and leading them to completion.
• Proficiency with C/C++ and experience with other languages
• Experience in one or more major areas of game development and working knowledge of other domains, i.e. AI, Systems, Rendering, Online, or Audio.
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
• Experience leading inclusively.
• Experience working with game teams, central teams, and external partners.
• Great conflict resolution skills with a focus on managing performance through mentoring.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.