Client Software Engineer - Star Wars Mobile
Redwood City, CA
Lead UX Architect EA.com
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs span the digital touchpoints where players interact with the EA Network, including: EA's gaming service on PC through Origin and the new EA Desktop application; the EA Play subscription program on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam; EA.com's corporate, marketing and player engagement activations, and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Senior UX Designer, reporting directly to a Director of Experience Design, you will manage how information is organized on EA.com, which means working with partners across game teams, marketing, product management, design, engineering, and publishing to gain understanding and support their goals, always with an eye on consistency, usability, findability, and the information needs of our players. As part of the broader UX Design, Content Strategy, and Information Architecture family, you will be an important contributor to the EAX team based in Redwood Shores.
You're someone with a track record for:
• Shipping complex enterprise web applications focused on eCommerce and content publishing.
• Experience with information architecture, UX, and content strategy concepts and deliverables.
• Defining IA standards and processes that meet the needs of users and partners, implementing them, ensuring they improve the player experience and the internal partner experience (measure success), learning, and iterating continuously.
• Finding your way. You've got experience that helps you work and succeed in a complex organization.
• Maintaining calm. You know how to motivate and energize your teams, even when navigating uncertainty.
• Most notably you'll have a rare mix of business analysis leanings, and product design expertise that translate into the ability to the right content, to the right players, in the right places, at the right times.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 7+ years of experience
• Highly familiar with enterprise content management systems, design systems, consumer-facing products, and multi-destination publishing platforms (create once, publish everywhere).
• Adept in answering questions like ''what information are users looking for?'', ''can they find it quickly and easily?'', and ''does it meet their needs?''
• Comfortable building and collaborating on the structural integrity and consistency of user-facing components like: navigation, sitemap'/page hierarchy, internal linking strategy, page'/section-level structure, page titles and metadata, search facets, and all wayfinding mechanisms (i.e. filters and tabs).
• Fluent in IA concepts and deliverables like navigation'/sitemaps, wireframes, journey maps, flow diagrams, filtering and faceted search, data models, and content audits.
• Bonus points if your visual design skills are pretty solid, too.
• Enthusiasm for gaming desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends a big plus.
In a typical week, the Senior UX Designer could be…
• Build the vision for the entire IA for all of EA.com, align everyone on that vision, and bring it to life.
• Lead complex EA.com projects from a UX architecture perspective, ensuring every project ships with the best possible IA.
• Measure the success of how information is organized on EA.com, and promote a roadmap of continuous improvement.
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Designers, PMs, and engineers to determine the information architecture of all important EA.com projects.
• Marketing and game studios to guide and consult on IA for the content they need published.
• The CMS and publishing teams to ensure authoring workflows and publishing processes support scalable, efficient content creation, including for content used and reused across the whole ecosystem of apps and game platforms.
• UXR, CI, and analytics to inform IA strategy and ensure site structure optimizations are measurably improving the player experience.
• Publishing teams to ensure IA solutions for players can be easily authored and built into our platform tools.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.