Software Engineer - Game Development Workflows
Remote / Virtual
The Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) organization provides the essential platforms and infrastructure hosting solutions that power EA's live services. Our charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, primary services, and studio services. We aim to help developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that promote rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we focus on being there for players where and when they want to play.
As Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for defining and managing technology programs, milestones, success criteria, resource allocation, and successful delivery needed for secure operations, migrating, modernizing, and building large-scale distributed systems for automated workflows and platform management. That automation delivers optimized workflows for provisioning, observability, and fleet management for games and services. You will report to the Director of Central Programs & Delivery.
• You will own programs partnering with our security team, game studios, services, and platform teams.
• You will lead secure cloud infrastructure and services development programs.
• You will guide platform vision and engagement goals into tactical efforts with roadmaps, priorities, and measurable milestones.
• You will identify and scope partner / customer requirements to establish user stories, use cases, and requirements.
• You will identify and manage cross-group dependencies needed for delivery.
• You will ensure testing to meet acceptance and performance criteria defined by the program.
• You will participate in change and release management that results in zero downtime and zero data loss deployments.
• You will use data and requirements to help improve vision, requirements, and service improvements.
• You will drive services and platform operations that are easy to use, integrated, and resource-efficient.
• You will provide transparency to senior leadership and stakeholders through regular reporting.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of cross group program management experience.
• 3+ years of experience across component definition, design, engagement, infrastructure, engineering, and service management for online services and platforms.
• Experience in cloud computing, online gaming, or similar industries
• Experience in online products or cloud computing products
• Knowledge of Security concepts: Common Vulnerability Exposures (CVE), Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE), protection through current and patched operating systems, detection tooling, mitigation/response management
• Experience with documentation and work tracking tools like Confluence, GitLab, JIRA, Teams/Sharepoint, Workfront, Hansoft
• Familiarity with Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), Cloud Service Providers (AWS, GCP, and Azure), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and principles, and GitOps
• Understanding of distributed systems and microservices desirable
• Understanding of cloud engineering components including container models, service discovery, monitoring and diagnostic tooling, and dev chain tooling desirable
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g43pkv-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.