Sr. Technical Program Manager
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Our games are played everywhere in the world, on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV's, etc), and support multiple business models (digital downloads, PDLC, F2P, subscriptions, and more).
Production Infrastructure and Engineering's charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, core services, and studio services. We strive to enable developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that enable rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we endeavor to drive efficiencies in cost and capacity use.
You will be responsible to define and manage technology programs, milestones and success criteria, resource allocation, and successful on-time delivery needed for migrating, modernizing, and building large-scale distributed systems for automated workflows and platform management. That automation will deliver optimized workflows for provisioning, observability, and fleet management of on-premises, hybrid, and cloud-native workloads for games and services.
• Engagement: Lead large programs across game studios, services, and platform teams.
• Programs: Lead cloud infrastructure and services development efforts and collaborate across dependent engineering teams to consolidate and operationalize platforms.
• Products: Guide platform vision and engagement goals into tactical efforts with roadmaps, priorities, and measurable milestones.
• Identity and manage cross-group dependencies needed for delivery.
• Quality: Ensuring testing to meet acceptance and performance criteria defined by the program.
• Service Management: Participating in change and release management that results in zero downtime and zero data loss deployments.
• Data: Use data and our requirements to help improve vision, requirements, and service improvements.
• Efficient: Driving for services and platform operations that are easy to use, integrated, and resource-efficient.
Experience, Skills, & Education
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of program management experience.
• 5+ years of experience across component definition, design, engagement, infrastructure, engineering, and service management for online services and platforms.
• Experience with documentation and work tracking tools like Confluence, GitLab, JIRA, Teams/Sharepoint, Workfront, Hansoft.
• Experienced with cloud engineering components including container models, service discovery, monitoring and diagnostic tooling, and dev chain tooling, a plus.
• Familiarity with Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), Cloud Service Providers (AWS, GCP, and Azure), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and principles, and GitOps.
• Experience working with multiple teams and partners across organizations.
• Delivery track record across multiple large-scale cross-group programs.
• Being able to bring clarity and ensure shared understanding across teams.
• Create enthusiasm and an environment where everyone can do great work.
• Passionate about achieving goals and obtaining results.
• Aim to bring imagination, original ideas, and excitement to everything you do.
• Pioneer and act with the curiosity and courage that it takes to experiment and try new things.
You will report to the Sr Director of Program Management
Preferred Locations: Seattle, WA or Austin, TX
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.