Software Engineer, League Operations - Apex Legends eSports
Remote / Virtual
The challenge ahead: You will be part of a team responsible for delivering corporate network services for data center and branch offices in an important enterprise. Your role will encompass engineering, delivery, operational support, performance management, network analysis, m etric reporting, and administration for the EA Enterprise Network. This is a senior level position among other senior delivery engineers within our Network Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering team. Opportunity exists for the candidate to specialize their expertise in network programmability , cloud technologies, data center, backbone, security, and wireless areas.
What a Network Engineer does at EA:
• Design and deploy network services .
• Configure and maintain network equipment
• Capacity planning, perfo rmance tuning, and configuration optimization .
• Plan changes, assessing and mitigating risks .
• Provision new services, migrate existing services, circuits .
• Conduct feasibility, impact, and cost studies, develop solution options .
• Escalated operational support , assessment, break/fix, incident resolution .
• Draw diagrams, producing solution (physical and logical) documentation .
• Develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methodology .
• Configuration and deployment of network services in consideration of architectural standards .
• Use network tools for administration, maintenance, automation, and visualization/reporting .
• Conduct economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections .
• Be passionate about network technology and demonstrate awareness of industry trends/direction.
• 7 years of experience working in a large enterprise environment designing and maintaining enterprise networks .
• High level of p roficiency in configuration and deployment Cisco routers, switches and firewalls, plus Palo Alto firewalls.
• Proficiency in using the following routing protocols including BGP & OSPF, WAN technologies including DMVPN phase 3, QoS, PBR and LAN technologies including STP .
• Experience managing branch office network migrations and new branch office network deployments .
• Experience defining user and data center requirements e.g. number of ports per user, power, throughput and subnet requirements, equi pment rack unit design .
• Experience creating network topology diagrams and physical rack diagrams with Visio .
• Experience working with diverse IT partners and leaders and justifying technical decisions to the leadership team .
• Independent individual, able to work with different teams across multiple time zones, under the guidance of a Project Manager .
• Experience following standard security and network design processes and principles. US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $113,300 - $171,700 USD Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to temporary full-time employees scheduled to work full time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9v57m-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.