Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Game Creation
The Challenge Ahead
This technical role in the Game Creation team reports to an Engineering Manager. It involves envisioning, designing, and building enterprise-level solutions for EA's video games and central services teams. You'll create architectures integrating custom, COTS, and packaged applications, and work with products like JIRA, Perforce, and GitLab. Our cloud-first approach uses Azure and AWS, and you'll lead agile teams supporting thousands of users across game teams like FIFA, Madden, Battlefield, and central teams like Frostbite and Origin.
• You will lead teams to create the solution and software architecture for high-volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise.
• You will be hands-on, leading the team from the front, and serving as a mentor for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design, and implementation goals.
• You will actively participate in negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements, providing valuable feedback to all parties involved.
• You will report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate leads/managers.
• You will lead and manage direct reports, supporting resource allocation and escalating any issues that arise.
• You will provide constructive feedback on technical and soft skills to help others improve and enhance their abilities.
Job qualifications and requirements:
• 10+ years of experience developing enterprise level software solutions
• 7+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data access technologies
• 7+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery
• 5+ years of experience architecting cloud-based applications using PaaS and IaaS offerings from leading vendors such Azure and AWS
• 3+ years of people management experience Bonus Points For:
• Experience with development methodologies including Agile
• Solid experience with DevOps in a cloud environment, including automation experience and configuration as code
• Working with onsite/offshore resources across multiple time zones
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $149,150 - $233,500
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $136,000 - $218,900
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $136,000 - $233,500
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $171,100 - $233,500
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $136,000 - $190,850
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro2xo1-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.