Sr. Engineering Manager
You will be working with a highly innovative and quick moving team of Developers, Architects and Designers for scalable, distributed and highly performant applications based on modern tech stack. You will be leading a team of cloud engineers, DevOps and Software Engineers and working with other IT and cross functional teams in the company in order to support and maintain various player facing production systems.
• Lead, manage and organize support activities with a team of DevOps and Support Engineers.
• Help and implement strategic improvements with automation and other tools to proactively maintain high-availability environments.
• Proactive monitoring of systems/services/endpoints, exception reporting and communicating areas of improvement to product lines.
• Provide technical troubleshooting mentoring/coaching to the team
• Quick response and resolution of issues, with proper incidence and root cause analysis
• Vendor/Third party relationship/escalations
• Work with core engineering and help with bug fixing, system/version upgrades, security patches etc.
• Accountable for uptime SLAs and managing ticket queues.
• Present system health and root cause analysis reports to business.
• Ensure proper handover/takeover of applications/features.
• Help the team in minimizing recovery time for critical production incidents.
• Coordinate with engineering and ensure runbooks and handoff documentation are up to date.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
• 10+ years of experience in the Information Technology/Software Engineering field with at least 2 years of tech/people manager experience with a team of 4 or more.
• Proficient with DNS, firewalls, CDN, SSL and certificates concepts.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of modern web stack.
• Strong experience with cloud(preferably AWS) and application development life cycle.
• Excellent debugging skills to recommend technical solutions to restore services/systems in a time critical situation.
• Working knowledge of Databases/SQL and networking.
• Preferred to have experience with Salesforce, Telephony - AWS Connect and ticketing tools like ServiceDesk.
• Results oriented self-starter who is able to assume responsibility and ownership of active projects
• Takes pride in achieving excellence - detail oriented, organized, careful and a quick learner.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nb3k-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.