Sr. Manager, Cloud and Observability
The Information Technology group (EAIT) works as a global team to empower EA's employees and business operations to be creative, collaborative, and productive. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. Our mission is to bring creative technology services to each of these areas, working across the company to ''ensure better play.
EA is looking for a Sr. Manager for the Cloud Infrastructure team to oversee the architecture and engineering for the Platform Technology team within EA IT with the mission to build powerful and easy to use cloud and infrastructure services that enable game developers to make the best games in the industry. This role will report to the Director of Cloud and Infrastructure Engineering.
In this role you will:
• Lead and grow the Platform Technology team within EA IT, a team of ICs, the team responsible for cloud and observability engineering to deliver EA IT's cloud solutions and observability tools and platforms to game studios and application teams
• Drive technical leadership (architecture and system design, code reviews), mentorship and engineering excellence to ensure timely execution & delivery
• Expand and mature our already best-in-class portfolio of Platform Technology team's cloud infrastructure and observability service offerings and drive efforts to lead the team to build and deliver our next-generation of cloud infrastructure and observability capabilities, with a focus on driving integration between SaaS observability tools and other EA systems
• Partner with IT Operations to build trust with game studios and application teams. Work with Product Management to understand customer needs, pain points and priorities and work with the Engineering to deliver a solution best suited to address them
• Maintain a constant focus on service reliability and performance, maximizing uptime, and optimizing away potential sources of degradation in user experience
• Partner and collaborate with Product Management, Reliability Engineering (IT Operations), EA Security to build shared responsibility models to set expectations with customers and key stakeholders for the services that the team owns
• 4+ years people management experience leading global engineering teams, with an understanding of operational considerations for shipping product to thousands of users, including live service support considerations
• You have wide technical experience including an advanced understanding of patterns across: full stack software development (Agile development methodology), system design and cloud services,
• You have strong business acumen and lead through data and metrics
• Experience with widely used CI/CD technologies and tools (for cloud native applications), GitOps workflows, DevSecOps
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms and services: one of AWS, Azure, GCP
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code software tools, HashiCorp Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager
• Familiarity with telemetry and monitoring technology stack, which is focused on driving a large-scale machine data handling, processing and visualization of EA's infrastructure, applications and public cloud services and IT Operations conditions like alerting/alarming/messaging
• Among others, experience across back-end service integration via REST APIs, front-end build tools such as npm scripts and Angular
• Familiarity with networking technologies and test/simulation tools - TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS, NAT, Security Groups, ELBs, VPN technology
• Experience building, configuring Docker containers and using container management technologies such as Kubernetes
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvyx2j-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.