Associate Game Designer
Remote / Virtual
''Who is EA Capital Games?''
We're a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the hit title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, inspired by the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you'll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog-friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
Capital Games is looking for an experienced Senior Game Product Manager to join our team. You will report to the Lead Product Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
As a Senior Game Product Manager, you will help shape your game's product roadmap and driving live operations success through events, monetization, sales, and features. We prefer that you be passionate about representing the needs of our players, working with your team to provide a stable, engaging, and sustainable gameplay experience.
As a Senior Game Product Manager, you will work with other PMs, Analysts, Developers, and external Shareholders to lead, plan, and execute operations in our live games. Additionally, you will work with those shareholders to manage the game economy and identify initiatives and roadmap opportunities to improve the game.
As an expert in data and game metrics, you will also be an advocate for data-driven and sustainable development and experimentation within the studio, helping the team identify key targets and work toward measurable success.
This role may be based in either Sacramento or EA's Redwood Shores office.
• Plan and Execute live game events and sales with LiveOps team
• Be the steward of live-game health: design, balance, and optimize the game's Economy and Player Behaviors to hit KPI targets and ensure long-term health.
• Coordinate live operation plans and asset needs with internal and external partner disciplines, including Art, Designs, Publishing, Coms, and UA
• Identify content and feature opportunities'/needs, then work with game team shareholders to establish the product roadmap
• Partner with Data Analytics to investigate game trends, execute A'/B testing, and determine requirements for new analysis and tools.
• Communicate game performance to internal and external stakeholders
• Advocate for data literacy in the studio; share data & insights across the game team to empower other disciplines and educate team members.
• Understand the competitive landscape concerning best practices and feature parity, and translate to actionable proposals.
• Leverage first and third-party tools to define, track, and best serve player segments
• Learn, have fun and build games that millions of people love to play
• BS'/BA degree, ideally in a quantitative discipline
• 4+ years of experience as a Game Product Manager or Producer, ideally in F2P mobile games
• Passionate about creating great free-to-play mobile games
• Relentlessly curious and detail-oriented
• Experience building and operating successful free-to-play Live Games in web or mobile.
• Experience creating and balancing sustainable virtual economies, with an eye to technical and user experience best practices
• Experience with multivariate testing and statistical analysis
• Experience defining Feature Spec'/PRDs, particularly in collaboration with Design and UXD functions
• Strong in Excel, able to create models and simulations of in-game economies and standard business processes
• Communicate creative and technical feedback to diverse groups
• Fluent in free-to-play mobile best practices, particularly RPG and CCG genres
''Tell me about Sacramento.''
Sacramento hosts a metropolitan lifestyle, where a home can be established for anyone from the singleton who wants to live downtown, to the family whose top priorities are a yard and great schools, all within a reasonable commute to our studio. The city fosters a vibrant urban culture through weekend street festivals, professional sports teams, bustling farmer's markets, wonderful eateries, and award-winning craft breweries and coffee roasters. If connecting with nature is more your vibe, the Sierras are in our backyard in addition to many local hiking and biking trails.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.