Job Title: Senior Finance Analyst
We're EA-EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. you are passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
Join us as the Commercial Sr. Financial Analyst (SFA) role, reporting to the Sr. Finance Manager of Global Commercial Management (based in Austin, TX). This role can be based in North America or Western Europe, supporting Global Commercial Management.
Our Commercial Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays a critical role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through effectively engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA's current and future performance. The SFA will oversee some of our most recognizable Sports titles and provide global franchise finance support (forecasts, reporting, and other financial modeling) on retail and digital revenue through margin (including revenue reductions, revenue and inventory reserves, and royalties). To deliver these responsibilities, the SFA will partner with many cross functional groups including Commercial business partners, Studio Finance, Accounting, and Corporate FP&A.
What You'll Do:
• Business Partnering
• Represent FP&A in any external partner interactions, including providing insight and interpretation of financial data presented to ensure effectiveness and accuracy
• Build relationships with the partners and actively collaborate to work towards meeting current and long term financial and business objectives
• Assist in preparing, holding, and presenting business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and actionable presentation material
• Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modelling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics
• Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
• Coordinate and validate the full game revenue financial forecast for all Sports and Racing franchises and provide insightful analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk / improve performance
• Provide regular reporting on actual results and presenting of various business lines at monthly / quarterly touchpoints
• Weekly Revenue tracking updates / connect into Sports Commercial consolidation
• Track weekly Risk and Opportunities (R&O's)
• Review and provide feedback on contract details with Stakeholders (including Legal) and maintain deal tracker summaries for regular status review and communication
• Collaborate with stakeholders (Portfolio FP&A, SDI, Demand Planning, Ops, etc) for Revenue through Gross Margin appraisal
• Provide deep financial analysis focused on a variety of areas such as optimizing revenue / profitability and evaluating commercial ROI of promotions proposed by Partners and Ventures
• Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, processes, and reporting
• Design and implement reporting tools
• Co-ordinate with Sales Ops to process billing and financial Revenue Recognition
• Challenge status quo to drive FP&A excellence
• Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, standardize, and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes
• Edition Planning coordination with Commercial teams and Ops.
Who You Are:
• Highly motivated, passionate self-starter
• Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
• Ability to work with ambiguity and independence
• A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills:
• Bachelor's degree required, CPA a plus
• Minimum 3 years or related financial experience, revenue knowledge a plus
• Experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and analysis
• Demonstrated proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
• Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise, knowledge in Anaplan, Power BI, Tableau, and Oracle preferred
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $78,500 - $119,650
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $73,150 - $119,650
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $84,750 - $119,650
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $73,150 - $97,500
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $73,150 - $105,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2e4em-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.