Sr Director of Product Development, Head of Quality Verification - Battlefield
Quality Verification & Standards (QVS) is a global team leading Quality Verification, Certification, User Research, and Community PlayTesting for all EA products and external Studio partners.
We're searching for a Head of QV for the Battlefield franchise. You will report to the Global Head of Quality Verification and be part of a dynamic team of senior Quality leaders, Business leaders, and discipline owners worldwide within QVS. Alongside your team & your peers, you will pioneer verification practices that are both scalable & sustainable in an environment of exponential growth in the scope of experience and choice for our players. You will be an active participant & leader in setting the future direction of QV at EA. You and your team will also be deeply integrated partners in the Battlefield product development organization, ensuring we meet the highest standards of Quality across every Battlefield experience in collaboration with all aspects of the Battlefield Development & Executive Team'.
The practice of Quality Verification is undergoing dynamic change and transformation. You will demonstrate an analytical approach and be comfortable making data-informed & objective decisions to guide the path forward for your team, peers & partners. Our scale, global reach, and connections require prioritization and focus. The ability to switch priority areas and altitudes is necessary for your success. You are collaborative, build relationships and excel at working with multiple partners.
• A people manager & team leader. Set inspiring & measurable goals, guide the team toward them, and measure progress
• Partner with other Sr leaders to build, influence, and strengthen a culture of change and new ideas within your immediate team and partner groups
• Participate in strategic programs that want to improve or transform quality practices & Quality Verification at EA.
• Partner with Executives, franchise leaders & the Global Head of Quality Verification to set and deliver the best Quality practices on the Battlefield franchise
• Work within your immediate leadership group & the QVS Sr leadership team to ensure accuracy in financial, resource and execution plans.
• Set an inclusive culture. Be communicative and an agent for constructive change within QVS & your immediate team, whether through town halls, reviews, or workshops.
• Provide necessary oversight for and monitor execution of the Quality Verification strategy on each of your franchise teams
• Develop an understanding of development practices and frameworks in use. Know how to influence the adoption of improved development practices.. Focus on value and measurable impact
• Oversight of and accountability for all financial, resource & headcount planning within your franchise teams
• Deep engagement with essential partners in Development. Focus on mutual influence toward shared franchise goals
• Measure progress and suggest top-level actions to address progress shortfalls. Commit to predictable delivery and risk management
• People connector who inspires others toward shared goals. Pioneers change
• Experienced with data-informed decision-making, using business expertise
• A continuous improvement mindset.
• Influence-oriented. Excel at collaborating with other leaders and guiding the collective group to the best action, decision, or result
• Proficient in project & change management
• Can track, model, and present information in engaging ways
• Ten years of work experience in a related field (software/game development or related business management expertise)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $214,950 - $331,200
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $241,250 - $342,400
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9nnbz-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.