What you will do:
Inherent in making great interactive games and services that inspire the world to play, is the need to create amazing visuals in our games that illicit the emotion, immersion, and wonder intended by our game teams. From realistic depictions of the world and life around us to more fun and imaginative art styles, visual exploration and high-quality art production play are important to our game teams. As the Senior Development Director of Art Production and Advanced Visualization within the advanced visualization team, you will report to the Studio GM and you will be part of a group with a desire to tap in the rich history of visual technology from films and games to create new, cost-effective tools and techniques to empower electronic artists to create amazing content and experiences, while also ensuring amazing partnerships in art production and delivery. You will provide experienced leadership of creative professionals striving to create the best sports video game visuals in the industry.
• Work with the Studio Principle Art Director and EA's Create organization to help lead cultural change regarding art value/importance at Tiburon, and building an art community at the studio for all artists regardless of organization.
• Partner with the Studio Principle Art Director to ensure the creative/artistic quality standards of the studio are followed in overall art production delivery.
• Align and work with Executive/Line Producers, Art Directors, Creative Directors, and FDDs to guarantee the impact of decisions regarding features, scope will not have a negative impact on the visual quality expectations set by the studio, and any overall quality impacts affected by decisions around visual approach, investment, resources.
• Provide management, direction and oversight of the Advanced Visualization team and any Dev Studio centralized senior art talent (not a part of EA Create), inclusive of budgetary and resourcing recommendations to Studio Sr. Director of Operations.
• Be a representative for the studio and will partner with other studios in the company around research and development of art production and quality based on aligned direction with studio Principal Art Director
• Work with Create Orlando leadership to create efficiency and quality at scale. Partner throughout planning, production, and alpha to ensure all decisions improving quality are understood.
• Work with the Studio Principle Art Director, Technical Leadership, and Partner Teams (Create, SEED, Frostbite) to identify innovation needs (i.e. procedural workflows, production tools) and build Development plans and understanding of partner roadmaps. Propose new studio solutions for improved art production speed, quality, cost
• Create 3-Year Roadmap development for Advanced Visualization and participate in 3-Year Product Roadmap development.
• Be an active member of Studio Senior Leadership Team (SLT) driving strategic planning, prioritization, and inclusive and diverse culture.
Who you are:
Incorporating a broad range of skills and disciplines, you have a background in Digital Arts and demonstrated leadership in the field with a focus on people, culture, quality, and delivery.
• Background and professional experience in artistic / visual field of study
• Expert level knowledge in the Digital Art and Graphic Design fields and the variety of software used in those fields
• 8 years of experience developing business strategies
• Experience working on complex problems that require an in-depth analysis
• Experience with financial and budgetary planning
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.