We are looking for a passionate and data-driven senior consumer researcher who can take on a semi-embedded role with one of our studios. You will work side by side with studio leads, producers, designers, engineers, artists and product managers informing game feature roadmaps, player profiling and media targeting, as well as the overall player experience. You will run/lead your research roadmap and be accountable for deliverables in your specific POD while working with the central research team about other products in the portfolio.
What you will do in this role:
• Lead a game title's research roadmap, including the full lifecycle of research projects, and serve as a strategic partner to guide impactful changes in both game development, product and marketing
• Play games in development and contribute to design discussions and brainstorming sessions
• Collect and report on quantitative research (segmentation, discrete choice modeling, etc.) from small and large surveys, navigate and analyze large data sets of player behavior
• Write, code, and improve surveys that tap in to both the Glu audience and outside audiences
• Conduct qualitative research (diary studies, playtests, focus groups, usability tests)
• Manage research budgets and research roadmaps alongside studio leads
• Investigate and report on new methods, run both formal and informal meetings and training sessions with the central research team
• Conduct heuristic or expert evaluations of competitor titles
• Help improve our processes, best practices, learning capabilities, especially on the quantitative front
• Collaborate with various Glu departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
What you need for this role:
• 5+ years' experience leading quantitative research projects in the gaming, mobile app or tech space
• A degree in the field of research, statistics, business/marketing or social sciences.
• Statistical literacy (Excel, SPSS, R), and expertise navigating and manipulating complex data sets.
• Practical experience in SQL is a plus.
• Proficiency in survey design and remote testing platforms (Qualtrics, Alchemer, etc.)
• Skill and creativity for selecting the right mix of methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals, and the capacity to pilot new methods when relevant.
• Excellent data visualization skills, and the ability to convey complex concepts persuasively to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
• Genuine interest in games, game design and free to play economies for different genres including sport and RPG.
• Track record for close team collaboration and outcomes with a well-informed direction.
• Hands-on approach and attitude.
• Ability and desire to influence stakeholders, bias towards action.
• Interest in piloting cutting edge methodologies or applying research methodologies from other fields to the evaluation of games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rox303-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.