Senior Character Artist
The Senior Character Artist will be responsible for creating top notch game character art and set the quality bar for projects. The Senior Character Artist will be responsible for creating and overseeing all aspects of modeling and texturing pertaining to character creation, as well as the ability to take an idea from concept to final. This person should be evenly balanced in artistic and technical ability and be able to follow the vision as set forth by the Art Director. As a Senior Character Artist, you will be expected to mentor junior and intermediate artists, grow the talent pool, and have direct input on workflow, pipelines and processes. In addition, The Senior Character Artist is also expected to stay up to date on the latest technologies related to game art and help optimize workflows through practice and hands on approach.
- Create top-quality character-related models and textures to set the quality bar for our project.
- Assist with Tech Art and Engineering in planning and implementing our art pipeline.
- Work closely with art director and leads to drive and evangelize our artistic vision.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- 5 years+ in game development as a character artist specializing in organic and hard surface modeling.
- Ability to create photo realistic and stylized character art from concept
- Ability to create visual target for the projects
- Ability to explore and develop a unique and cohesive art style with AD
- Excellent understanding of human form, anatomy, muscle and bone systems
- Excellent understanding of and mastery of clothing pattern and creation
- Excellent understanding of hair card creation and mastery of x-gen workflow
- Excellent understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling
- Excellent understanding of materials, texture creation.
- Expert experience with mesh/UV mapping and multiple-pass texture layout
- Good understand of hair and cloth simulation
- Good prototyping ability
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to produce with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and produce workflow documentation
- Ability to provide feedback to artists to improve quality
- Ability to troubleshoot and Quality Control work
- Passion for game and strong game culture
- Experience in film industry and worked for high visual quality movies
- Have shipped multiple finished products in a lead or senior artist position
- Skill in one or more related disciplines- concepting, animation, rigging, visual effects, or technical art
- Experience in working with outsource art studios and other external vendors
- Experience using Substance Designer
- Fluent English communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3bw4-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.