Ad Tech Product Manager
Sr Technical Architect - EADP Central Engineering
We Are EA
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console -to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your computing genius.
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global scale, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry's best games & services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform services that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
EA Hyderabad has an opportunity for a Senior Technical Architect position. As an experienced architect, you will be a senior technical leader across the central engineering team to architect , design, help develop, deploy and maintain high throughput world class services at global scale for our next generation games. If you like solving complex computing problems, are a passionate team player and thrive in a fast paced, ever changing technology environment this is a great opportunity for you.
What Would You Do
You will be responsible for architecting and designing distributed, highly resilient, globally scalable services in the cloud across the entire central engineering portfolio by utilizing world-class engineering principles and modern DevOps best practices. As a senior technical leader you love to experiment with leading edge technology, dive deep into code and are willing to go any level of detail to solve complex computing problems. You must ensure stellar product quality, and provide technical inputs to Stakeholders & Product Managers in building the product backlog. You should have excellent architecture, design and coding skills in building APIs and have the technical depth in OS (Linux, macOS, Windows) level scripting and debugging.
You will be interacting with senior leaders across game studios and Digital Platform teams, Key stakeholders, product managers, scrum masters, software engineers, quality engineers and infrastructure engineers across the US and other geographies.
• Act independently as a top-level contributor in architectural strategy for major, complex implementations involving high-volume, high transaction-based globally distributed services.
• A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
• Implement a strong architectural vision that scales for complex game services.
• Implement a robust reference architecture and ensure the principles are communicated to the software engineering teams.
• Be responsible for end-to-end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards regarding code quality and efficiency
• Estimate engineering effort during multiple stages of product life cycle
• Coach engineering team in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
• Track development deliverables and communicate their statuses, risks to global teams
• Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance from inception through integration, staging and production environments to deliver solid test cases.
• Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with outstanding designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers
• Ability to integrate research, conduct fail-fast POCs and implement MVPs at high velocity
• Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs
• Maintain strong service catalog and uptodate technical documentation
• Implement Test Driven Development principles across development, automation & code coverage
• Establish logging, monitoring, analytics and telemetry frameworks for the team.
• Establish technology decision matrix to ensure right fit technology for different usecases.
• Establish clean code and clean architecture principles for software development
• Establish Git structure and automated workflows from feature development to product implementation with automated Ci/CD
• Establish & Enforce strong DevOps principles across all stages of development
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science from Tier I institutions
• 12+ years' overall IT experience and 6+ years of architect experience in J2SE and J2EE technologies
• Very strong Java architecture and System Design skills with a proven track record of delivering robust and scalable services
• Very strong experience architecting for AWS (preferred) or Azure Cloud platforms for both managed and hosted services.
• Strong implementation experience delivering cloud infrastructure architecture from ground up - networking, compute, storage and robust security
• Top notch hands-on programming skills in Java and related frameworks such as Spring and Spring Boot
• Strong Experience in REST API based Microservices development & integration that includes long running orchestration services
• Experience architecting services with modern authentication using OAuth 2.0, SAML, JWT
• Experience architecting services using Serverless architectures, Docker & Kubernetes
• Implementation Experience in RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL/SQL Server) and very strong SQL query skills
• Implementation experience with queuing architectures such as Kafka or AWS SQS.
• Strong Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/MongoDB/Redis/DynamoDB
• Experience architecting using distributed Caching solutions such as Redis/Memcache
• Experience with AI/ML and NLP frameworks
• Solid experience using Gitlab and JIRA.
• Strong CI/CD experience with Gitlab CI/CD or Jenkins or Maven
• Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, PostMan, etc.
• Strong lead experience working in Agile development methodologies
• Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to stay on top of technology, lead POCs, conduct brainstorming sessions and deliver ideas to our products and tech stack
• Self-starter and self-management of time and resources.
• Strong sense of ownership/'can do' attitude and high attention to detail
• Experience working in a distributed global team
• Demonstrate a high level of creativity and problem solving
Highly Desired Skills
• Multiple programming language experience such as Python, NodeJS
• Preferred AWS Services experience across
• • IAM and AWS Organizations
• VPC, & Direct Connect
• S3, DynamoDB, Aurora
• EC2, AWS Lambda, ECS, ElasticSearch Service
• Route 53, API Gateway, CloudFront
• CloudFormation, Terraform templates,
• CloudWatch, CloudTrail
• Cost Optimization techniques
• Experience with Container Management preferably using EKS, AWS Fargate
• Experience with gRPC protocol and graphQL frameworks
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.