SENIOR ANTI-CHEAT ENGINEER
The Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team ensures that all EA products are developed with the security and gameplay integrity of our players as a top priority. We partner with both platform development teams and game studios to ensure that security and gameplay integrity issues are identified and resolved throughout the application and service lifecycle.
You will be a member of the Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team, reporting to the Anti-Cheat Development Manager. We are looking for a Senior Anti-Cheat Engineer to help assert Electronic Arts' games as best-in-class in game security. Your primary responsibilities will include the development of our anti-cheat technologies to defeat the cheats that our games face today, in addition to researching and planning mitigations for the problems of tomorrow.
You're a great team player, but are also able to go heads down and achieve success when given direction on our team's goals.
• Develop new features and anti-cheat mitigations in a Windows driver.
• Improve on existing methods of cheat detection
• Research new industry threats in the cheating space and implement safeguards against them in our tools
• Collaborate with our game studios and internal Security teams on ever-evolving needs of game security
• 5+ years of experience in C++, Rust programming languages
• Proficient in Windows APIs and Windows Kernel internals
• Familiar with driver development fundamentals
• 5+ years of experience working with or familiarity with the external security researching community, game cheat community, and identifying and using cheats in games
• 3+ years of experience in OS internals
• Experience in Linux OS development
• 3+ years of experience in developing or reversing obfuscation or encryption technologies
• 3+ years of experience developing anti-tamper, anti-virus, or anti-malware technologies
• Previously shipped Windows drivers
• 3+ years of experience reverse engineering mobile games, developing cheats for mobile games, or protecting mobile games from cheat software.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $149,150 - $233,500
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $136,000 - $233,500
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $171,100 - $233,500
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $136,000 - $190,850
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $136,000 - $218,900
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy1yz0-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.