- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSoftware Quality Engineer
Join us for an opportunity to work with the EAX Quality Engineering and Solutions team as a Quality Engineer as part of the Quality Verification team in Galway. You will work with some of the most modern technologies on the market.
Your focus will be in quality and design through the development of tools and automation. You will write code to test EA games and content using automation frameworks, create and improve our test automation environment, and identify test coverage gaps.
You will report to an engineering manager and be part of a agile development team, taking part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming.
We are looking for a personality type that is dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network across many groups and individuals in both the development and quality verification teams.
Join a team where you improve our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer!
• Experience using or building software testing frameworks.
• Experience with testing web apps, mobile apps, and APIs with test automation tools like Jest or Jasmine.
• Experience with integration and deployment pipelines (Jenkins CI, GitLab CI or other).
• Excellent understanding of software testing methodologies
• Good understanding of HTTP protocols, methods, and responses.
• Experience with Selenium, Webdriver.io, or other test frameworks.
• A solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
• Experience with common development tools such as: Git, Visual Studio Code, JIRA.
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
• Experience creating and provisioning VMs.
• Experience with TypeScript, React, Angular or other JS frameworks.
• Experience with .Net Core and building RESTful APIs.
• 1+ years of professional experience working with MongoDB (SQL) and reporting/visualizing datasets.
• Experience with data transformation techniques and data analysis.
• Visual scripting languages and Behavior-driven Development practices.
• Experience working with React and unit testing is a big plus.
• Experience with C++, Web Servers, GraphQL, Firewalls, SSL.
• Experience mentoring more junior team members.
• Proactive monitoring of data-structures to optimize performance.
• Data analysis, using tools for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methodology.
Scope and Influence:
• Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design reliable tools, tests, and platforms.
• Oversee and maintain automation frameworks and tools used across studios.
• Design new tools to support development and quality verification goals.
• Coordination with offsite and onsite teams on delivering test automation results, from implementation to execution.
• Maintain test libraries and scripts and device testing hardware.
• Understand quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community.
• Advocate for quality and keep the development team accountable.
• Write and present our plans by delivering the right message to our partners.
• Document all new procedures, workflows, approaches, and goals.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq89k1-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.