Full Time Job
Software Engineer - Tools
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionCriterion Games is an award-winning studio based in Guildford, and now Runcorn. The team are the talent behind Dirt 5 and have a legacy of creating industry-leading, visceral racing experiences. Now integrated with Criterion Games, the teams at both locations are working together to create the future of Need for Speed. Starting with the next Need for Speed title then extending to future facing initiatives, we are looking for a Tools Engineer to join us on our adventure.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years, we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK.
At Criterion, we love making games. We also love getting better at making games. One way of improving the way we make games is by having better tools to help everyone on the team do their job better, faster and with less friction.
Reporting to a Lead Engineer you will work with content creators across the studio to develop and support Tools to enhance their creativity and productivity. You will help own and create complex technical tools and help empower our content creators to deliver one of the most successful and beloved gaming franchises of all time.
• Create and modify our internal tools to help deliver the next generation of Need For Speed
• Challenge yourself and your colleges to push boundaries and design solutions
• Focus on developing smooth workflows and fast iteration times
• Work on end-to-end solutions as an embedded member of the team in a live development environment
• Work with all disciplines to gather requirements, collaborate on solutions to deliver the great tools that make great games
• Identify blockers and work through challenging dependencies with internal and external partners
• Develop simple solutions, which are easy to work with and extend
• Work with artists, creating GUIs, providing tutorials and training material to ensure your tools are utilised to the fullest
• A passion for tools and helping other developers achieve their best work
• 4+ years of experience with C/C++ tools development in the video games industry
• Experience writing performant code
Nice to Have:
• Experience with Houdini and procedural generation
• Experience with large code bases
• Experience developing console games
• Experience with C#, Python or other scripting language
• Experience with PySide/Qt, WPF
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bk4e-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.